macXcharging EV info section is continually updated aiming to give our visitors as much information about the ever growing range of EV available within the United Kingdom. We hope that this information helps you when deciding to buy an electric car charger.
General EV related questions
Enter your answer here
As part of our buying process, you will be asked to state the make and model of your vehicle. Once we have this information we will know what connector your vehicle required.
- Cheaper to run
- Cheaper to maintain
- Better for the environment
- Heath benefits
All our chargers as standard are capable of utilising this energy.
OLEV (The office for Low Emission Vehicles) is a government grant that provides an electric vehicle homecharge scheme (EVHS) of £500.00 towards the cost of purchasing and installing a charging unit. You can claim a maximum of two charge points per household.
OLEV stipulate certain conditions for applicants to qualify for the grant
- Have you ordered an electric car that is due to arrive in the next 4 months or do you already have possession of an electric car ?
- Did you purchase the car on or after 1st October 2016 ?
- Do you intend to keep the car for 6 months or longer from the date you became the keeper ?
- Do you have off road private parking, without running a cable across a public footpath ?
To use a three pin plug to charge you EV is very slow and puts a lot of strain on your household electrical system. Our charger is connected directly to your household consumer unit.
In normal circumstances an installation will take around 3 hours
You contact us by phone or email email@example.com – we will do everything in our power to rectify the problem